The leading strategic authority enabling financial and economic outcomes to ensure sustainable growth and prosperity for the people and the nation
- Ensure sustained and continuous economic growth.
- Strengthen national competitiveness and economic resilience.
- Ensure effective and prudent financial management.
- Pursue a more equitable sharing of national wealth.
- Improve quality of life and well being of society.
- To formulate and implement fiscal and monetary policies in order to ensure effective and efficient distribution and management of financial resources.
- To formulate financial management and accounting processes, procedures and standards to be implemented by all Government.
- To manage the acquisition and disbursement of federal Government loans from domestic and external sources.
- To monitor that Minister of Finance Incorporated companies are managed effectively.
- To Monitor the financial management of Ministries, Government Departments and statutory Bodies.
- To formulate and administer policies related to be the management of Government procurement.
- To formulate policies and administer Government housing loans for public sector employees.